The primary factors included in the Arizona Child Support Guidelines formula are:
- The parents’ gross incomes (or “adjusted” gross income for self-employed individuals).
- How much time the children spend with each parent
- Whether the children have any special or extraordinary needs/expenses
- The cost of child care services
- The cost of the children’s medical insurance
- Whether alimony/spousal maintenance is being paid
While the Arizona Child Support Guidelines may seem fair or unfair to a paying or receiving spouse, for the most part the domestic relations judges closely follow these guidelines in determining the child support obligations.